Sunday, September 11, 2011

Some Paranormal things that have happened

Some Paranormal things that have happened to us Prior to Mother's Passing Away


Our Last Blog Post explained about the Touch Tone lamps and the significance they have in our lives.
This blog post will be in regards to things that have happened to use prior to Mother's passing away that were paranormal.

My husband's first experience with a spirit, was around 30 years ago. He had spent the night at his parents home. They were renting an old house in IN.  He was sleeping on the couch, and was woken up in the middle of the night, by  hearing footsteps going up the stairs. He didn't think much about it, as his brother had been out that night, so he figured it was him coming home and going to bed. The next Morning, his Mother was making breakfast, and they were all sitting around the table. He was watching his mother set the table and asked why she had not set a place for his brother, as he heard him come home in the middle of the night. So, she yelled for him to come to the table for breakfast. There was no answer. About that time, he come walking in the door. My husband asked him, what time did you get home last night? His brother answered that he didn't come home last night, that he was just coming home now. So, who was walking up the stairs in the middle of the night? His mother also told the story of her stove turning on by itself, water being turned on by itself and one night his father had gotten smacked in the face in the middle of the night by something. Woke him from a sound sleep. Pretty interesting stories.




I had never really thought much about spirits or ghosts except for being intrigued when others had told me stories of their experiences or watched shows on TV until I had moved to Indiana.
We lived in one home, where I always felt like someone was watching me. 
My husband told me the story of years prior (before we were married). When he was sleeping in the spare room with the window open. he was sound asleep. When he woke up, he could not move and it felt like something was over him trying to go inside of him. He says it is hard to explain. But he yelled, go away, No stop. then the feeling went away and he was okay again. He said it was a strange experience. A few years later, his grandson was staying with him in the same bedroom. He said he would cry every night but they didn't see anything. So he put a dream catcher over his bed and from then on, his grandson was okay.


My husband and I purchased a new home. This house was a remodeled home where half of the house was part of the old house and then the rest of the home was built on new.
The Old part of the house used to be a kitchen and living room, which was now two bedrooms. We had turned one of the bedrooms into our office. Once we had gotten all settled in. I started to see shadows every day around the same time of night go from our bedroom into our office. Which would have been from the old kitchen into the living room. About an hour later, I would see them go from the office (the old living room) into our bedroom (Old kitchen). The first couple times, I thought, it must be my imagination. But when it continued, it was just the way of life. I never saw the shadows go anywhere else just between the two rooms.
When it would happen, i would say to my husband: Did you see that? Did you see it this time? , but of course by the time, he would look they would have already crossed over the hall way and into the other room. I would even go down to the office and look in to  see if I could see them, but never did.


One time, on vacation, we stayed in a motel room in WI, that had a ghost that came to visit us.
It was a suite with a living room area. I had gone into the living room and had laid on the couch.
I started to feel a cold draft, but didn't think much of it as I thought maybe it was the air conditioner. But it continued on, and I did not hear the conditioner running. I kept getting colder and colder, so I sat up and looked over toward the window, and saw the rocking chair next to me rocking away, all by itself. I  kept looking at it, in disbelief as it still continued to rock away. I ran into the bedroom where my husband was, shutting the bedroom door behind me. We talked to the check out clerk the next morning. I was teasing her, stating we should have a discount because of the ghost that was in with us. She just smiled and laughed, and said, the ghost came with the room, no Extra Charge. LOL she proceeded to tell us the stories about the ghost that stayed on the 2nd floor, he never went to any other floor. She said, he would turn on TV sets, mess up the beds after the maids would make them, but did not cause any problems otherwise and he was a good spirit. LOL.. That was an interesting motel stay.  One day, I would like to go back there again. 

We stayed in that home for 2 years and moved to MN then. We lived in a nice double wide in the country on two acres of land. 

There we had a few experiences.
One time we were sitting on the couch, My husband, the cat was in the middle of us with a roll of toilet paper and then myself. We were sitting there watching TV and all of a sudden the roll of toilet paper flew off the couch and onto the middle of the living room floor. We looked at each other and looked at the cat, the cat looked up at my husband as if to say, what did you do that for? LOL and we were looking at the cat to see if she had done it. It was quite comical. 


One time my husband had made some sandwiches for us to snack on while watching TV, we had been sitting there for about a half an hour or so and all of a sudden we heard a noise in the kitchen. We both looked at each other and said: What was that? My husband said, maybe it was the butter knife I was using fell off the counter? So he got up and looked. But to his surprise it was a entirely different knife that he was not using and that had been further in on the counter. Which did not make any sense why that would have went flying off the counter onto the middle of the kitchen floor.


Our Bathroom sink would come on all the time by it self. To begin with, I would of course blame my husband, and say: You forgot to turn the water off when you were in their last. He would say: I wasn't even in that bathroom, how could I have left the facet on? LOL.. I knew it was not me, as I was always very careful to make sure that I did turn it off just because of it turning on all the time.


One Day I was on the phone talking to my sister. I was in the office. My husband was gone to work that day. I had gone into the kitchen to get more coffee and had come back into the office when I looked out the window and saw a man standing there looking at me.  I could not believe it. It was in the middle of the winter time and there was a few feet of snow on the ground. I told my sister, there is a man staring at m through the window Holy Crap, I took off and ran to the front door to make sure it was locked then ran to the back door and made sure it was locked. Then ran to the living room window to see if I could see a car in the driveway.
Nothing was there. I ran back in the office and looked out the window and no one was there.
 I told her if I scream hang up and call 911 LOL and opened the front door and peaked outside to see if anyone was around. Did not see anyone walking down the driveway, or the street. No cars, no one around.
So, when  my husband called for his break time, I told him what had happened. He said, he would look around the house when he came home. He looked all around and there was No foot prints in the snow in front of the office window, no foot prints on the sidewalk on that side of the house. If someone had been standing there.. there would have been foot prints. When he came inside I was telling him how tall the man was and what he was wearing. I saw a man with a brown parka on with a hat. It was just as plain as day to me. No one will ever tell me I didn't see what I saw. It was pretty cool.. never did see him again though.


Our Dog would  be laying down next to us in the living room and would be looking up in the air, then jump up and grab his toy and stand there with it in his mouth. Or he would start running around looking up in the air. We still cannot figure out why he did that, but it was like he saw a spirit  and was wanting to play fetch with it or keep them from having his toy. (This had started after our one dog had passed away, so I had always said, that maybe it was our other dog coming to visit).

We had started to get interested in some of the Paranormal shows such as: Paranormal State, American Haunting, Ghost Adventures, Ghost Hunters, Ghost Hunters International. We would watch them use the tools to see if their was spirits in the houses, such as an EMF meter or the spirit box that  the spirits would talk through. I had always said, I wanted to get some of them to see if we could pick up EMF or voices when things happened in the house, But we never did while we were living in that home.

Then we moved to this house, that we are living in now. 
Our Gas stove would turn on when no one was in the kitchen. I would smell gas and go into the kitchen and the knob would be on. 
A few times our side door would be wide open when it should not have been.
Our vacuum started up all by itself one time.
Now the spare bedroom door keeps opening up. My husband worked on the latch to make sure that it was latching solid. But it still is opening up. This has been happening quite a bit the last few weeks even after he has worked on the door and latch.




Which brings me to Our Experiment and our Tools.

My husband was looking for a birthday present for me and since my Mother had passed away and we had things going on in our home prior to her passing (which those things could not be her) he thought he would finally buy me an EMF meter, a recorder and a spirit box! Woo hoo I was so excited and could not wait for them to come in.
They did not make it here for my birthday which I was really hoping it would have, since my Mother had come to visit at 8 AM that morning and turned on her touch tone lamp (refer to blog entry The Beginning- Our Touch Tone Lamps for details).




















 

No comments:

Post a Comment